Buckinghamshire Council Care Leavers: Our Local Offer

care leavers

Support for care leavers with disabilities

Between the ages of 16 and 18, we will start the transition process from Children’s to Adult’s Services. You can ask to see your ‘Transitional Assessment’ which will identify the help you will need for a successful future.

We can support you to access independent advocacy if you would like this.

If you already have an appointee, you should confirm three months before your 18th birthday that this appointee will continue to manage your finances once you turn 18, or that you will identify someone else who can act on your behalf. You can discuss this with your Social Worker.

You can access more information on the SEND Local Offer on the Family Information Service website.