Contact the council
In an emergency
You can call us in an emergency with concerns about the safety of children or older people, housing emergencies or dangerous problems on roads and pavements.
Contact us online
Report a problem
You can report:
- problems on a road or street - including, potholes, street lights and fly-tipping
- problems about waste and recycling - including, bins that we've not collected
- problems about environmental health - including, noise, smells and light nuisance
- anti-social behaviour
Make an appeal or claim
You can contact us to:
- appeal a parking fine
- claim for injury or damage that happened to your vehicle or property
- appeal a school admissions decision
- challenge or query a Council Tax bill or decision
Use our contact form
If you have a question or comment, use our contact us form below.
To help us deal with your enquiry as quickly as possible, include your:
- email address
- enquiry or message
Talk to us online using the live chat icon in the bottom-right of your screen. This service is only available during opening hours and when advisors are not busy responding to other web chats.
The icon will not be visible if you have rejected additional cookies or when advisors are offline.
View our list of council access points if you'd like to visit us in person.
Our phone lines are busiest on Mondays.
If your call is not urgent you may prefer to call later in the week.
If you can't contact us online, call us on 0300 131 6000.
The line is open:
- Monday to Thursday 9am to 5:30pm
- Friday 9am to 5pm
We are closed on bank holidays.
If you can't hear or speak on the phone we provide a text relay service: 18001 01296 395000