Find a place to keep warm (Welcoming Spaces)
Welcoming Spaces are warm, free, safe and supportive spaces that you can visit during the winter.
They offer somewhere to:
- keep warm and save money on your heating
- look after your physical and mental health
- get access to support, advice and Wi-Fi
They're run by:
- Buckinghamshire Council
- council partners
- other local organisations
Find a Welcoming Space
Welcoming Spaces are currently available at our main libraries and community libraries, as well as some local churches and halls.
Our online directory provides a map and full list of local Welcoming Spaces including their location and facilities.
We also provide a full list of local food banks.
If you're a community group or organisation that wants to offer a Welcoming Space you can register for free on the Bucks Online Directory.
Getting to your local Welcoming Space
If you do not have access to private transport, there are public and community transport options to help you reach your local Welcoming Space.
For details about bus passes, fares and community transport schemes see Using public and community transport.
Other support available for families
Our family centres provide:
- activities for children and families
- information and advice
- drop-in sessions - check online for the latest timetables as some activities need to be booked