Help and support if you’ve recently arrived from Ukraine

Last updated: 12 April 2022

21. Safeguarding adults and children

Adult Social Care

Adult social care provides support to Buckinghamshire residents aged 18+ with a long-term illness, disability or health condition, helping them to remain living as independently as possible. They offer practical support with personal care, such as help at home from a carer, as well as equipment and technology to help with daily tasks. They also help people who provide unpaid care to someone with a health condition or disability – for example, a family member of someone you live with.

The first step to getting help from adult social care is to ask for a care needs assessment. This will identify what needs you have and what help you may benefit from.

If you provide unpaid care to someone, you can ask for a carer’s assessment. This will find out if there is any support that could help you. Contact us:

If you are concerned that an adult might be at risk of abuse or neglect, please contact the Safeguarding Team on 0800 137 915 or 0800 999 7677 (outside of working hours).

Child Social Care

Report a concern about a child

If you have any concerns about the safeguarding of a child, as a professional or a member of the public, you can report this online.

If you're a member of the public you have the option to remain anonymous.

Report a concern about a child

Other ways to contact us

By phone where you can also discuss or report a concern by calling the First Response Team on:

01296 383 962 between Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm Friday 9am to 5pm

0800 999 7677 before 9am, after 5pm or at a weekends (Emergency Duty Team)

Or email secure-[email protected]

If a child is in immediate danger, call 999 or report a crime on 101.