Help and support if you’ve recently arrived from Ukraine
Many 16 and 17 year olds arriving from Ukraine have been asking if their existing Ukrainian qualifications are equivalent to English ones.
- The Certificate of Complete General Secondary Education (Ukraine) equates to GCSE levels in England (slightly higher but not quite the equivalent to UK A Levels).
- The Certificate of Independent External Examination (Ukraine), is equivalent to an AS Level in England.
- Students from the Ukraine may be eligible for a Foundation Year at university, which would then lead into a three-year degree programme. It has also recently been announced that students who have come through the recent settlement route will be eligible for student finance.
- For academic purposes, most universities will have access and set requirements for students from the Ukraine. An example can be found on the Buckinghamshire New University website.
- There is an organisation called ENIC who can give individuals statements of equivalency, which might be helpful in seeking employment, although they do charge for this.