Apply for a late transfer grammar school test (12 and 13 plus)

Registering your child for the Late Transfer Test

Before you register, make sure you have looked at the relevant schools’ admission policies.

If relevant to your application, you'll also need to provide us with details of:

  • siblings, if a sibling is allocated to a school for September 2022, after you have submitted your application, you'll need to contact us (if you do not advise us and provide appropriate evidence, your child may be ranked incorrectly)
  • free school meals, pupil premium
  • medical or social needs which may affect the ranking of your child

Address evidence

This must be provided for all applications no later than 21 October 2022. The address used for the first round of allocations will be the address at which the child is resident on 21 October 2022.

The address you enter on the online registration form must be the child's 'normal home address’ (where you and your child live together and is the child's only/main residence).

Proof of residence must be provided to confirm this, in the form of a Council Tax bill and current utility bill (gas or electric but not water no more than 3 months old).

The evidence can be sent through our contact us form or posted to the Admissions team. Include the name and date of birth of your child, when sending in evidence.

Living overseas

If you are currently living overseas and moving to the UK or returning to your own property in Buckinghamshire for the academic year September 2023, the address which will be used for the first allocation will be the address in which your child is living on 21 October 2022.

You will be required to provide proof of residence. 

A Buckinghamshire address will not be considered as the home address until we have evidence that your child is residing at that address. This will include Council Tax bill, a utility bill showing usage, and further evidence to show you have relocated.

Service families

Where service families or families of other crown servants, who often move within the UK and abroad are posted to the area, a unit postal address or quartering area address will be sufficient in the absence of a new home address.

Moving into Buckinghamshire

If you have moved into the area after the deadline of the 21 October 2022, refer to our in-year admissions process.


Registration closed on 21 October. We do not accept late registrations.