Apply for a late transfer grammar school test (12 and 13 plus)
Preparing for the test
Your child will take the test at one of the Buckinghamshire grammar schools.
We'll email you an ‘invitation to test’ which includes the:
- any other information you will require for the day of the test
We will send to the email address used to register for late transfer.
Your child will prepare for the test by completing familiarisation at home. The ‘invitation to test’ will provide the detail for The familiarisation. The online familiarisation materials contain information about what is in the test. There is also advice about tackling the test and sample questions.
This makes sure your child has the chance to see the style of the test and to try out some of the question types.
How parents can best help their children to prepare for the test
You can help your child prepare for the test by:
- making sure your child has experience of working quietly on their own. Make sure there are no distractions or interruptions
- making sure your child does any homework that is set
- helping your child to read with understanding
- asking them what certain words mean and what is happening in the passage or book that they are reading
- encouraging your child to solve problems or to look up things for themselves
- helping them work through the familiarisation materials