Household recycling centres
Visiting a recycling centre
You don’t need to book to visit a recycling centre. Use these pages to:
- find your nearest centre
- check what type of waste you can take
- check if you need to pay fees to dispose of or recycle waste
Before you visit
Before you visit you should:
- plan your visit – weekdays are less busy and you can view the webcams at each site to check if it's busy before you set off
- sort waste and recycling to minimise time on site
- check if you need a waste permit
- make sure you have proof of address to bring such as a drivers licence, utility or Council Tax bill (residents who pay Council Tax to us can use all of our sites in Buckinghamshire, Slough Borough Council residents can use Langley and Burnham sites)
Vehicles not allowed into recycling centres
For safety and capacity reasons these vehicles are not allowed into any site:
- a vehicle with more than 4 wheels
- a vehicle weighing more than 7.5 tonnes
- a trailer larger than 2.4m long x 1.8m wide, up to 60cm high with a cover and excluding tow bar
- a vehicle with a tipper or tail lift mechanism
Our sites are not fitted with height barriers but staff will turn away residents who arrive in the above vehicles.
Waste left outside recycling centre gates
Leaving waste outside the gates is fly-tipping. Anyone caught will be liable for prosecution.
Each site has CCTV for site security, health and safety of the public and operatives.
Sites also have automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras to investigate fly-tipping and suspected traders depositing waste free of charge. The cameras also help monitor site usage and develop our services.