Guide to licensing houses in multiple occupation (HMOs)

Documents required to support your application

You need to provide copies of documents as we cannot return originals.

These may include:

  • evidence of residential address / business address of applicant, proposed licence holder and proposed manager, as appropriate
  • Building Regulations Completion Certificate – if applicable
  • current Fire Alarm Test / Installation Certificate – if applicable
  • current Emergency Lighting Test / Installation Certificate – if applicable
  • current Gas Safety Certificate – if applicable
  • current Electrical Inspection Report – dated within last 5 years
  • Portable Appliance Test Certificate – if applicable
  • Declaration of Compliance with relevant Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations
  • sketch plans of each floor of the HMO
  • Energy Performance Certificate – if applicable
  • proof of any Deposit Holding Scheme
  • copy of typical Tenancy Agreement