Council Tax: Save time, do it online

Set up a Direct Debit, make a payment, opt for paperless ebilling, view your statement or tell us you’ve moved – all through one account. Sign up for a online Council Tax account today.

Let the Council Tax team know that you're moving in or out

Use this service to set up, move or cancel your account if you're moving:

  • into Buckinghamshire
  • within Buckinghamshire
  • out of Buckinghamshire

If you are already registered with us to pay Council Tax you will need your Council Tax account number in order to complete the form.

If you're moving into your first home or the first home where you're liable for Council Tax, you will need to select 'I am moving into Buckinghamshire' once on our customer portal.

Start now

If you receive Council Tax Reduction or housing benefit

If you receive Council Tax Reduction or housing benefit, you will need to let the benefits team know that you've moved separately.

If someone has died

Find out how to let us know that someone has died and how Council Tax may be affected by a death.

New account numbers for Chiltern and South Bucks residents

If you live in the Chiltern or South Bucks areas your account number will have recently changed. You will need to refer to the letter issued in September 2022 for your new account number.