Report a change in circumstances

If you get help from us to pay your rent or help paying your Council Tax, you must tell us if your circumstances change.

The help you get from us could include:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Discretionary Housing Payments
  • discretionary awards

Changes you must tell us about

You must tell us about a:

Report a change

We may ask to see proof of any changes. We accept scanned copies or photographs attached to an email.

Report now

Why you must tell us about changes

We need to know about changes in your circumstances so that we can pay you the right amount in benefits.

If we pay you too much in benefits, you will need to give us the money back.

If we owe you money in benefits, we need to know as soon as possible because we may not be able to backdate your payments.

You must tell us within 1 month of any changes or you may lose your benefits.