Report a licensed premises
Report a breach of licensing activity
We'll investigate reports about licensed premises when:
- there is a breach of the conditions of the licence
- when a premises appears to be unlicensed
- the problems are persistent and severe
Who you can report a concern to
In many cases, your report may be best handled by other teams within the council or our partners, for example:
- under-age sales are generally investigated by Trading Standards
- noisy premises are usually investigated by Environmental Health, but could also involve our Anti-Social Behaviour team and the police
- counterfeit goods may be dealt with by trading standards, police and HM Revenue and Customs
If you believe your concern relates to a breach of licensing conditions, you can report these to us.
How to report a licensed premises
In order for us to investigate your concern, you'll need to provide us with:
- your contact details
- the name and address of the premises
- supporting evidence, such as a diary of incidents that occur
If you're still experiencing ongoing problems with licensed premises and have tried other ways to resolve this, you may be able to request a review of a premises licence.
Help with reporting a licensed premises
If you need any help reporting a possible breach, contact the alcohol and entertainment licensing team.