Privacy and Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care may share information with local health services and utility companies if there is an emergency situation, for example, a flood or extreme weather event where life may be at risk. We share this information to make sure that people are not at risk of harm. Where information is shared in an emergency situation, this will be done in a secure way and the information will be destroyed when the situation has ended.

Adult Social Care will share social care information with health professionals through the shared health record, known as My Care Record. More information regarding My Care Record can be found in the NHS GP (Primary Care) Privacy Notice - see under heading ’What else might information be used for’.