Remove a pupil from the school roll

All schools must inform us if a pupil leaves the school at a non-standard transition point.

Standard transition points include moving from:

  • class to class
  • early years to primary school
  • primary to secondary school
  • secondary school to college

How to report a leaver

You must complete a removal from roll notification form (DOCX, 78 KB) to provide us with the details.

Forms must be completed and sent no later than the date of removal from roll.

Support and guidance

You can view further guidance on removing a child from the school roll or reporting a child missing from education on SchoolsWeb (available to logged in users).