Designated premises supervisors (DPS)
The role of a designated premises supervisor
A designated premises supervisor (DPS) is the person who:
- has day-to-day responsibility for the running of the business
- supervises and authorises alcohol sales
- acts as a point of contact for us and the police
- has a good understanding of the business
Each business may have only one supervisor selected for this role, but the same person may act as the designated supervisor at more than one business.
Becoming a DPS
To become a DPS you must:
- have a personal licence
- be nominated by the premises license holder
- complete the DPS consent form
All businesses except club premises and certain community premises must have a DPS.