About the ceremony
What you'll need
When you attend a ceremony, you'll need to bring your:
- citizenship invitation provided by the Home Office (letter or printed email format can be accepted)
- 1 piece of photographic ID, such as your passport, travel document, driving licence or biometric residence permit card
If you do not bring both of these documents with you to your ceremony, you will not be able to attend will have to re-book.
During the ceremony
The ceremony will usually last around 30 minutes.
During the ceremony, you'll:
- swear or affirm your allegiance to His Majesty the King
- pledge loyalty to the United Kingdom
- be presented with a certificate of naturalisation
- have your photo taken (group ceremonies only)
- stand for the National Anthem
There will not be a dignitary or formal photographer at a private ceremony, however, you're welcome to take your own photographs.