Request information about the council

Council officers are focused on supporting public facing support services. The Council recognises the importance of data protection and information legislation rights but currently needs to prioritise other areas of service delivery to safeguard the well-being of our residents during this extraordinary period.

To request data about yourself or someone you are responsible for, you can Find out what data we have about you or someone you care for.

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR) give you the right to request any written or recorded information held by the Council.

Charges for requesting information about the council

We do not charge for processing right of access requests under the Freedom of Information Act, as long as the cost of processing does not go over the statutory limit of £450.

You can find out more information about charges for making freedom of information requests.

Before you start

Check our website to make sure it isn't already there

If you ask for information that is already available, we will direct you to the relevant page on our website. Requests often refer to information on our datasets page, and our Council Tax spending page.

Think about the information you want

Try to be as specific as possible about the information you want. If you are not sure, ask us for advice.

If your query relates to a specific school then please note that schools are also public authorities in their own right for the purposes of FOI. Information about schools may be held by them rather than the Council.

Submit a request using our online form.

Start your request

If you need assistance you can contact our customer service centre.

Other ways of requesting information


[email protected]

We aim to respond within 20 working days.


You can make a request in writing to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Buckinghamshire Council
The Gateway
Gatehouse Road
HP19 8FF