Request information we have about you or someone you care for

Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to find out what information about you or someone you care for is stored or used by Buckinghamshire Council.

You can also ask us for copies of your personal information, including electronic surveillance information, for example, CCTV footage.

This is called your right of access and is known as making a Subject Access Request or SAR.

You can find out more by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office: your right of access webpage.

Making a Subject Access Request

Requests on behalf of others

Make a Subject Access Request online

Make a Subject Access Request

If you need help or cannot do this online

If you need help, contact [email protected].

If you cannot do this online, you can make a request by post to:

Data Protection Officer
Buckinghamshire Council
The Gateway
Gatehouse Road
HP19 8FF

How to raise a complaint

If you are dissatisfied with the handling or outcome of your request, you have the right to ask for an Internal Review.

Submit your Internal Review request within two months of the receiving our response to your original request to: [email protected], or by post to:

Information Management
Buckinghamshire Council
Walton Street Offices
Walton Street
HP20 1YU

If you are not content with the outcome of your Internal Review, you may contact the Information Commissioner (ICO). You can contact the ICO online or by post to:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane