Privacy and The Customer Partnership Panel
This privacy notice explains how the Customer Improvement Team service at Buckinghamshire Council (the Data Controller) will use the personal information we collect about you when you sign up to the Customer Partnership Panel or engage in activity with them.
Information held about you
We can hold the following information on you:
- your name
- your contact details, including telephone number and email address
- contact we have had with you (such as feedback sessions you have participated in or advice you have given)
If you are accepted onto the Customer Partnership Panel, we may hold the following additional information:
- your age range
- your race and ethnic origin
- your gender
- health data (whether you have an additional need)
Why we need your information
We need your information to ensure that:
- our resident panel is representative of our communities
- we can consult the right people about the right decision making processes
- our database is accurate for the feedback sessions and the issuing of any surveys by telephony, email, online meeting, or face to face
The legal basis for us to process your data
The legal basis for processing the data under the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 is [Article 6(1)(a) Your consent.
You are able to remove your consent at any time and you will no longer be invited to any further engagement sessions. You can do this by contacting [email protected].
If we need to use your special category information, we can use it:
- to ensure we reach the right people in our communications
- for archiving, research and statistics (with a basis in law)
How we share and process your information
We will share your information, if appropriate, with other relevant services within the council.
Please note that all communications and engagement will be carried out by the Customer Improvement Team. Your details will not be passed onto the service area or used for an purpose other than informing improvements in our digital design and workflows.
We will securely hold your information and only keep it for as long as is necessary. Where information is no longer needed it will be confidentially disposed of.
You will be invited every 2 years to confirm if you wish to remain on the Customer Partnership Panel.
Automated decision making
We do not carry out any automated decision making in relation to this information.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF, by email at [email protected].
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Officer. You can also then complain to the ICO if you remain unhappy with how we have used your data.