Privacy and Parking
This privacy notice explains how the Parking Service at Buckinghamshire Council (the data controller) will use the personal information we collect about you when you use these services.
Information held about you
In order to provide parking services, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. The information collected and held will vary and depend on the nature of the service ‘used’.
Examples of the parking services in which personal information will be gathered are:
- parking enforcement
- parking appeals
- blue badge misuse
- parking dispensations
- car park season tickets
- resident permits
- payments related to parking
The information gathered may include:
- details of your vehicle such as vehicle registration number, vehicle ownership checks (DVLA), vehicle make and model, location of vehicle, civil parking contravention details
- names and contact details of drivers, vehicle owners, permit holders
- contact we have had with you (such as correspondence)
- images captured by automatic number plate recognition (ANPR)
- footage recorded on cameras, which could include CCTV and Body Worn Cameras
- your credit/debit card details if you have paid for a service by card
Why we need your information
We need your information for the purpose of:
- carrying out parking enforcement activities
- dealing with your challenges and queries in respect of PCNs
- processing applications and issue parking dispensations
- processing applications and issue resident permits/season tickets
- taking payments for season tickets, resident permits, PCNs
- taking payments for parking sessions
- investigation and prosecution (if applicable) cases of blue badge misuse
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is:
- carrying out of a contract to which you are a party (season tickets, resident permits, parking dispensations)
- our legal obligation under the Traffic Management Act 2004
- our legal obligations under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
How we share and process your information
We will share your information, if appropriate, with
- third parties contracted by Buckinghamshire Council to work on behalf of the Council to support the parking management functions - such third parties include:
- parking enforcement contractors
- payment/payment processing providers
- enforcement Agents
- system providers designated to support the Council’s parking function
- The DVLA, Traffic Enforcement Centre, Traffic Penalty Tribunal
- other bodies in connection with the prevention of crime, criminal or legal investigations or proceedings including fraud (and the National Fraud Initiative) or regulatory functions
- other relevant services within the council
We will securely hold your information and only keep it for as long as is necessary. Where information is no longer needed it will be confidentially disposed of.
The Council does not intend to transfer any personal data that is processed for the purposes of this privacy notice, to countries outside of the territorial scope of UK data protection laws.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF, or by email at [email protected].