Privacy and Freedom of Information (FOI) & Environmental Information Requests (EIRs)
This privacy notice explains how the Information Governance team at Buckinghamshire Council (the data controller) will use the personal information we collect about you when you use this service.
Information held about you
We can hold the following information on you:
- your name
- your contact details, including address, telephone number and email address
- details of your request
- contact we have had with you (such as correspondence).
Why we need your information
We need your information to:
- respond to requests for information
- ensure our case management system is accurate for the administration of Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Requests
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data under the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 is:
- Article 6(1)(e) We need it to perform a public task.
How we share and process your information
We will share your information, if appropriate, with:
- other relevant services within the council
- other bodies in connection with regulatory functions (such as the Information Commissioner’s Office).
We will securely hold your information and only keep it for as long as is necessary. Where information is no longer needed it will be confidentially disposed of.
Automated decision making
We do not carry out any automated decision making in relation to this information.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF, by email at dat[email protected] or by phone at 0300 131 6000.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to the Data Protection Officer. You can also then complain to the ICO if you remain unhappy with how we have used your data.
Date of publication/last update: 14/06/2023