Household recycling centres and waste permits
Visiting a recycling centre
You don’t need to book to visit a recycling centre. Use these pages to:
- find your nearest centre
- check what type of waste you can take
- check if you need to bring a permit or pay fees to dispose of or recycle waste
Always bring proof of address (such as a council tax bill) when you visit a recycling centre. Residents who pay council tax to Buckinghamshire Council can use all of our sites. Slough Borough Council residents are able to use Langley and Burnham sites only.
Before you travel, check the webcams for your nearest centre to see how busy the site is and to look for quieter times to visit.
When you visit
When you visit a household recycling centre, please be aware that:
- you should allow time for waiting and arrive early - during busy periods, especially at weekends, last entry may be before the advertised closing time to allow those already onsite to unload their waste and exit
- we only allow one person out of the vehicle unless you need help unloading - staff are not able to offer assistance at the moment
- you could come back another time if the site is busy