Apply for a waste permit
How it works
You only need a permit to dispose of your waste in Buckinghamshire if you are:
- using a commercial vehicle such as a pick up, van, minibus (8 to 11 seats) or flatbed truck
- disposing of asbestos
- using a trailer bigger than 0.9 metres x 1.2 metres
- on foot
If you are just visiting the recycling centre in your car, you do not need a waste permit.
The scheme was introduced to stop traders using the sites to dispose of waste.
Recycling rules for waste permits
There are some rules for waste permit holders:
- site staff can refuse entry to residents who need a permit but do not have one
- all waste brought to the site must be from the permit holders home
- the householder who applied for the permit must be there when the waste is brought to the recycling centre
- once the time limit has run out on your permit, you must renew before you visit again
- no business waste allowed to disposed of using a permit
Business customers can visit the business waste pages for more information.
Vehicles not allowed into recycling centres
For safety and capacity reasons these vehicles are not allowed into any site:
- a vehicle with more than 4 wheels unless at a council trade waste recycling centre
- a vehicle weighing more than 7.5 tonnes
- a trailer larger than 2.4m long x 1.8m wide, up to 60cm high with a cover and excluding tow bar
- a vehicle with a tipper or tail lift mechanism
Sites are not fitted with height barriers but staff will turn away residents who arrive in the vehicles listed above.
Apply for your waste permit
You need to create an account to use this service. Once you have an account you can then apply for your e-permit. You can also do renewals and amend permits.
Apply before you visit the recycling centre, so you have a permit ready to be checked.
- Your e-permit will be sent via email with a QR code.
- Present the QR code to site staff (either in electronic or paper format) for checking before depositing waste.
- Permits are valid for 31 days (up to 90 days on renewal).
There is no limit on the amount of waste and the number of visits but all waste must come from your home.
Renew your waste permit
Once you have a created an account you can view and renew permits.
When you first apply the permit will be valid for just 31 days. When you renew the permit will then be valid for 90 days. These dates apply for the following permits:
- commercial vehicle and trailers
- access on foot
Once the time limit has run out on your permit, you must renew before you visit again.