Home to School Transport Policy (0 to 25 Year Olds)
5. Post-16 Transport Policy Statement
The Council has a duty to prepare and publish an annual Transport Policy Statement. This statement specifies the arrangements for transport that the Council considers it necessary to make in order to facilitate the attendance of sixth form students receiving education or training.
The Post-16 Transport Policy Statement includes information on:
- fares, Passes and Travel Cards
- travel assistance for mainstream students including the Spare Seats Scheme
- travel assistance for students with SEND
- financial hardship
- independent Travel Training
This Post-16 Transport Policy Statement takes account of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0 to 25 years.