Guidance for parents and guardians on school admission appeals

Last updated: 15 February 2023

Disability arrangements and interpreters

Disability arrangements

If your child has a disability, you may want to discuss your appeal with their headteacher and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator at the current school. 

The Appeal Panel may be required to consider whether:

  • your child is disabled
  • there has been any discrimination within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010

If you're a disabled person who requires reasonable adjustments so that you can participate in the appeal, contact the Appeals Team as soon as possible.

If you require an interpreter

If you require an interpreter, you should contact the Appeals Team as soon as possible and say which language you need.

Alternatively, you can arrange your own interpreter or ask a friend to support you.