Wider call for sites in Buckinghamshire
The new Local Plan for Buckinghamshire (LP4B) will allocate sites for development in the period up to 2040 to meet the housing and economic development needs of Buckinghamshire.
We're committed to our 'Brown Before Green' pledge and want to ensure new developments are sustainable and make the best use of available land.
So far we've carried out 2 'call for brownfield sites' consultations, where we asked you to submit previously developed land for consideration (view a list and map of the submitted sites). However, following an initial assessment, we understand that not all of these sites will be suitable, achievable and available.
We're now starting a ‘wider call for sites’ (including greenfield sites) so we can understand the land available for development within Buckinghamshire. This will ensure we have enough capacity to meet our future needs.
How we assess the sites
All sites will be technically assessed in the Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments (HELAA), including sites submitted through the 'wider call for sites' consultation and the previous 2 'call for sites' consultations.
The assessment determines how well a site can accommodate development.
We will assess sites for their:
- achievability (including viability) to accommodate development
To show you how the process works we've published a draft methodology that you can view on the HELAA webpage.
Further information is available at Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessments (HELAA) (GOV.UK).
Before you submit
Sites can be submitted by anyone or any organisation. But typically they're promoted by land owners, developers, agents, local businesses, individuals and groups.
As part of the submission process you should make sure you:
- complete a separate form for each site
- only complete forms for sites that can accommodate 5 or more new dwellings or economic development on sites of 0.25 hectares (or 500 square meters of floor space) and above. There is no threshold for land that has potential for Gypsy and Traveller accommodation or Travelling Showpeople plots
- include as much information as possible including your connection to the site
- provide a location map that clearly identifies the site boundary and adjacent land also under your control or ownership
Do not submit details of:
- sites outside of the Buckinghamshire boundary
- sites already submitted to the previous 'call for brownfield sites' consultations. If you have updated information on the sites previously submitted, contact us by email at [email protected].
Tell us about a site
To tell us about a site you should complete our online form.
Any information you submit will be made publicly available by Buckinghamshire Council and will be identifiable by name or organisation, although the Council will redact any signatures and contact details. Buckinghamshire Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulations. For more information see our privacy notice.