Make a building regulations application
How to make a building regulations application
You can apply to build or make changes to your property by:
- building notice (only for domestic work and smaller-scale projects). Read about building notice applications on the Planning Portal
- building regulations full plans (includes new buildings and extensive building work). Read about building regulations full plan applications on the Planning Portal
Information to provide
Full plans applications
If you are submitting a full plans application and will be paying your inspection fee at the start of the works, we will send an invoice to you.
Therefore, in the application you will need to provide the applicant's:
- email address
- phone number
The invoice and request to pay letter will be sent via email to the agent. If payment is not made we will send a second letter. If payment is still not made within 10 working days of the second letter, the application will be withdrawn.
Internal alterations or commercial works
If you are applying for internal alterations or commercial works you will need to let us know the estimated cost of works.
Applying for one or more new or replacement dwellings
If you're applying for one or more new or replacement dwelling(s) (not a conversion into a dwelling), a connectivity plan under Part R of the Building Regulations must be submitted with the application. If you don't, the application can't be registered.
How to apply
You can apply:
- through the Planning Portal
- on MyAccount in Aylesbury Vale
- by completing a building notice or full plans form in Chiltern and South Bucks
- by completing a building regulations application form [Word | 1.8MB] in Wycombe
Alternatively, you can apply by contacting the Building Control team in your local area:
- Aylesbury Vale: telephone 01296 585460 or email [email protected]
- Chiltern and South Bucks: telephone 01895 837296 or email [email protected]
- Wycombe: telephone 01494 421403 or email [email protected]