Vehicle Removal Policy
Fraudulent use of parking devices
A vehicle is parked in contravention if displaying a fraudulent parking device, this is inclusive of cashless parking sessions, virtual permits, and/or a parking device.
A parking device is counted as fraudulent if:
- it is copied or hybrid or wholly counterfeit
- it has expired or has been altered/duplicated
- it has been reported lost or stolen
- it has been cancelled by the issuing Authority
- it was not issued for that vehicle
- abuse has been clearly established
- the holder is no longer authorised to use the parking device
- in the case of a Business Permit, the business ceases to exist
For a vehicle parked in contravention whilst displaying a fraudulent parking device in a designated parking place the Traffic Management Act 2004 (and Regulations made under it) prohibit the Enforcement Authority from removing the vehicle until at least 30 minutes have elapsed following the issue of a PCN.
Vehicles parked in contravention whilst displaying a fraudulent parking device on a road not in a designated parking place may be liable for instant removal by the Enforcement Authority immediately following the issue of a PCN (one or more of the reasons outlined above need only apply for action to be taken).