Vehicle Removal Policy
It is Buckinghamshire Council’s aim to undertake a fair and transparent approach to the removal of vehicles and this policy outlines the removal of vehicles parked in contravention of on street parking restrictions to a secure vehicle storage facility.
This policy is designed to deal with vehicles that are parked in contravention of on street parking restrictions in the following circumstances:
- persistent evader vehicles found parked in contravention.
- fraudulent use of disabled persons parking blue badges or an article that claims to be a disabled blue badge
- parked in a disabled persons parking bay without displaying a disabled blue badge
- parked using a fraudulent Buckinghamshire Council permit, voucher, pay and display parking ticket; inclusive of cashless
- parking sessions and virtual permits
- parked in a manner that causes serious obstruction to emergency services and other road users
This policy complies with the statutory provisions of the Traffic Management Act 2004, which governs the enforcement of parking contraventions. It has also been developed in accordance with the Operational Guidance to Local Authorities: Parking Policy and Enforcement issued by the Department for Transport (DFT) in March 2008, revised November 2010 and March 2015.
Parking contraventions are dealt with by the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and, in appropriate circumstances, the removal of the vehicles.
This policy contributes to the following council Corporate Priorities, to:
- reduce crime and fear of crime
- regenerate the county of Buckinghamshire
- allow greater support for local residents, businesses, and visitors
- improve the local environment, including reduced carbon emissions