Support if you have difficulty using public transport
Community transport is for people who are unable or find it difficult to use public transport. This may be due to:
Usually services are run by non-profit organisations and volunteers.
Depending on the service, they may offer:
- transport to GP surgeries and hospitals
- transport to social and shopping trips
- access to a community bus
- volunteer car drivers
To find out what services are in your area, contact the Community Transport Hub.
They can not make or take any bookings but can advise you on the most suitable method of transport in your area to meet your needs.
- telephone: 0800 085 8480 or 01844 348 834
- email: [email protected]
- website: www.communityimpactbucks.org.uk
The office is open 9am to 12.30pm, Monday to Friday.
If you live in or close to the Chiltern District, you can access the Chiltern-dial-a-ride service.
This service provides:
- door to door, round-trips
- specially equipped vehicles with wheelchair access
- trained and caring drivers
There is an £20 annual membership for this service.
For more information, visit Chilterns Dial-a-Ride website .
Flexible and on-demand minibus services
Find out more and book a space on the flexible and on-demand minibus services.
Help with travel costs to appointments
Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for the NHS healthcare travel cost scheme.