Join the housing register

Bucks Home Choice

The Housing Department is receiving a huge number of new Bucks Home Choice applications for social housing and related calls.

If you have made an application to join the housing register, please ensure that you have provided all of the supporting documentation requested. You can do this by logging into your account and uploading to your application using your smartphone or tablet.

Once received, please allow at least 28 days before contacting us for an update. In addition, the Bucks Home Choice website has information and FAQs which may provide answers to the questions that you have. Please take some time to look at the information rather than calling the service if you can.

If your situation changes and you are to become homeless, please contact our homelessness team on 01296 585168

Bucks Home Choice is the scheme that is used to allocate affordable housing in the Buckinghamshire Council area.

Affordable housing in the Buckinghamshire Council area is provided by over 70 Registered Providers (housing associations). The Council do not own any housing stock. If you are successful with the offer of accommodation via Bucks Home Choice, you will become the tenant of a registered provider (housing association)

There is an increasing demand for social housing in the Buckinghamshire Council area and not everyone is eligible or meets the criteria to join Bucks Home Choice. There is currently a very high demand for accommodation in the Buckinghamshire area and limited socially rented properties become available for re-letting each year. Properties are usually let to those with the highest level of need whose homes are no longer of suitable size or cannot remain in their current home. Applicants can expect to wait several years for accommodation, especially larger families.

As we prioritise the most urgent cases, it can take a long time to be offered a property via Bucks Home Choice and therefore we would urge you to look at all of your housing options including privately rented accommodation.

If you are a tenant of a social landlord seeking a transfer to alternative accommodation you may also like to register to seek a mutual exchange at HomeSwapper.

If you would like to register to be considered for Bucks Home Choice you can complete an online application. You will also find lots of useful information regarding the Bucks Home Choice Allocations Policy, other housing options and frequently asked questions on the website.

Register now