Housing benefits advice for landlords

If one of your tenants gets Housing Benefit to help pay their rent, this money may be paid directly to you.

If this is the case, you must tell us if your tenant’s circumstances change.

This is so that we can be sure the right benefits are being paid.

Changes of circumstances include:

  • changes to the amount of rent you charge
  • changes to services included in the rent
  • changes to the number of people living in your property (this includes people moving into the property, as well as those moving out)

Landlord portal

If you receive Housing Benefit on behalf of your tenants you can access details regarding payments and notifications on the Buckinghamshire Council landlord portal. You can also use this to notify us of any changes in circumstances.

View more information or register for the landlord portal.

If you wish to be registered to use the landlord portal contact the Housing Benefits team on [email protected].