Apply for help to pay your rent

Apply for Housing Benefit

If you're already receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and you've changed address, report a change in circumstances instead. You do not need to make a new claim.

You can only apply for Housing Benefit if any of the following apply:

  • you have reached State Pension age
  • you live in supported accommodation (such as a hostel or refuge where care, support and supervision is needed)
  • you live in temporary accommodation and were placed there by our housing department

If you think you meet the criteria, apply for Housing Benefit.

Apply now

Make a joint claim for a Council Tax Reduction

If you're unemployed or on a low income, you may be eligible for money off your Council Tax.

You can make a claim for housing benefit and Council Tax Reduction at the same time or separately. Apply for Council Tax Reduction.