Register a birth

Correcting a birth registration

You can only request a correction to a birth registration if the information is wrong, for example, if a mistake has been made with the parent's or child's details.

If the information has changed, for example, you change your name after getting married, you cannot change the registration.

How it works

We won't change a certificate once it's issued, however, a note will be added to the margin of the register if we approve the request to change.

Apply for a correction

If you need to make a correction, you should contact the registration service team. We can provide advice on what you need to do.