Community Infrastructure Levy

Information you need to provide

When you submit your planning application, you should submit a CIL additional questions form.

This form sets out the floor areas of your development, and also any demolition which should be credited against the new build floor area.

If your application for planning permission is successful, then whoever is going to pay the CIL charge should send us a CIL Assumption of Liability. If you are carrying out works under general consent or permitted development rights, you will need to serve a Notice of Chargeable Development on us.

Before the chargeable development commences, you should send us a commencement notice.

We will then issue a Demand Notice, which sets out when payment is due.

Depending on the charging schedule that applies in the area of your development, you may be able to pay in instalments.