Local development plans
Buckinghamshire Council is required to produce development plans which set out planning policies for the local area.
These plans also allocate areas for future development and identify areas that should be protected from development.
The development plan usually includes:
A local plan shows where development can happen, and where it needs to be carefully controlled, such as in protected places.
Our local plan aims to deliver sustainable development in a number of ways, including:
- meeting the social, economic, and environmental needs of Buckinghamshire
- better quality places
- more comprehensive and predictable delivery of all kinds of infrastructure
- making sure there are enough of the right homes and workplaces
- getting the infrastructure in the right place at the right time
- delivering better deals from developers on the obligations arising from their proposal
Read the Buckinghamshire local plan for more information about local development.
If you would like to be kept up to date with changes to planning policy go to our planning policy consultations page.
Choose your area to see the local plan: