Reporting a house in multiple occupation (HMO)
Report an unlicensed HMO
If you think people are living in a house in multiple occupation that does not have a licence, you can report it to us.
- find out What is a house in multiple occupation
- then check to see if a property has an HMO licence by using our HMO registers
To report a suspected HMO, you need to tell us:
- the address or location of the HMO
- the property type
- how many people you think are living there
- what you are concerned about, such as disrepair or overcrowding
- any contact details you have, such as for the landlord of the property
- your name, address and contact details
Once we receive your report, we will:
- investigate the property
- contact you to update you on the progress of our investigation
Report poor conditions in an HMO
If you are living in an HMO which is in poor condition, contact the Environmental Health team.
To report an unlicensed HMO or tell us about poor conditions in an HMO, email [email protected].