Housing benefits overpayment

You must let us know if you have been paid:

  • a housing benefit you were not supposed to get
  • more housing benefit money than you should have been given

This is called a benefits overpayment. If this happens, you must give the money back to us.

Contact the housing benefits team

If you have a question about benefits overpayments that is not answered on this page, you can contact us for help.

Why you are being sent to a different website

We are in the process of adding information to the Buckinghamshire Council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need.