Council Tax bands and charges
Check your property's Council Tax band and charge
The amount of Council Tax you pay will depend on:
Find out more about your Council Tax band
The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) maintains the Council Tax Valuation List. This includes placing new properties within a Council Tax band and changing bands for properties when necessary.
To understand why your property is in a certain band, see how domestic properties are assessed for Council Tax bands.
Council tax bills 2023 to 2024
Your Council Tax bill will show your charge from 1 April 2023.
This is made up of charges from:
- Buckinghamshire Council, including an adult social care charge
- Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley Area
- Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire Authority
- Parish/town councils (view parish precepts for 2023/24 PDF,210KB)
View the list of Council Tax charges in Buckinghamshire for 2023 to 2024 PDF,192KB
Changes to your Council Tax
There are two changes to your Council Tax in 2023 to 2024:
- An increase of 2.99% to meet increasing costs and maintain services.
- An increase of 2% to be allocated specifically to adult social care in line with government legislation.
More details about how these figures are calculated can be found on our Adult Social Care Precept webpage.
Bands and charges for previous years
View the Council Tax bands and parish precepts for the 2022/23 financial year in the Council Tax Resolution 2022/23.