Find out about street trading consent in the former Aylesbury Vale district area

Street trading is selling or offering for sale any article in the street. For example, this could be:

  • a food stall
  • a catering van

Anyone who trades in the streets of the former Aylesbury Vale district area needs a street trading consent.

Food businesses

All food businesses are legally required to register with us at least 28 days before their intended opening date.

Find out more about Registering a food business.

Pavement licence

To put removable tables and chairs on the public highway, you need to Apply for a pavement licence.


When street trading consents are available, the annual fees are:

  • day-time trading: £6,775
  • evening trading: £4,246

Street trading consent fees vary depending on the site and hours of operation.

If you want to trade on private land, you don’t need any formal consent. You will need permission from the landowner.

The landowner could be:

  • a private landowner
  • the highways team
  • us, as the local council

You may also need planning permission.

Make an enquiry

Currently there are no available street trading consents or pitches in the former Aylesbury Vale district area.

You can contact the licensing trading team if you have any queries.

Contact the licensing team