Apply for planning permission
Before you apply
There are currently delays to our planning services, including initial planning advice. For more information please see delays to planning services.
We recommend you use our planning advice services before you plan a project as it can help you save time and money.
This includes finding out if you need planning permission for your building project.
We can give you advice on a range of services for a fee, including:
- initial or pre-application planning advice
- follow-on planning advice, for comprehensive guidance on a more complete planning proposal
- finding out if planning permission is required
- a planning history check, to see what previous work has been permitted or refused
- a building control history check, to see what previous work has been permitted or refused