Comment and view an alcohol or entertainment licence application

You can view or comment on applications for premises that have applied for an alcohol or entertainment licence.

You can also view existing granted licences.

There is a separate process to report a premises that is already licensed.

View the public register for Buckinghamshire Council

Our public register covers:

  • all current licences issued by Buckinghamshire Council
  • any pending licence applications

View the public register.

Legacy public registers

If you cannot find the information you need on the Buckinghamshire Council public register, you can search the public registers for the former Aylesbury Vale, Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe district areas instead.

View licence applications in the former district areas:

Aylesbury Vale


South Bucks


Other ways of viewing

Applications for a licence can also be seen:

  • via public notices, which will be displayed at or near any premises applying for the licence
  • in local newspapers

Before you begin

You can comment on new applications and changed to existing licences, but objections must relate to one or more of the licensing act objectives:

  • the prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • the prevention of public nuisance
  • to protect children from harm

Anyone can comment on a licence application which is normally referred to as 'making a representation' under the Licensing Act 2003.

We'll reject applications if they are deemed repetitive, trivial, or intend to cause annoyance.

It is an offence for anyone to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in connection with an application. If convicted, the offence is subject to a maximum fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.

How to comment on an application

You can submit your comment to us in writing using one of our forms.

Your objection must include:

  • your name and signature
  • the name and address of the licensed premises
  • supporting evidence, such as a diary of incidents
  • a good idea about how you’d like the situation to be resolved
  • the likely effect that the grant or variation of the licence would have on at least one of the licensing objectives

If you make an objection

If we decide that your objection is relevant, we'll invite you to attend a hearing within 28 days. If you do not wish to attend, we'll use your written comment instead.

In the meantime, we encourage you to discuss any concerns with the premises applicant to reach an agreement. If an agreement is made, then the hearing will be cancelled.

If you're unhappy about the outcome of a hearing, you'll have a chance to appeal this decision.

Help viewing or commenting

If you need any help finding venue applications or making a comment, contact the alcohol and entertainment licensing team.