Comment and view an alcohol or entertainment licence application
You can view or comment on applications for premises that have applied for an alcohol or entertainment licence.
There is a separate process to report a premises that is already licensed.
Search by postcode
Other ways of viewing
Applications for a licence can also be seen:
- via public notices, which will be displayed at or near any premises applying for the licence
- in local newspapers
Before you begin
You can comment on new applications and changed to existing licences, but objections must relate to one or more of the licensing act objectives:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- to protect children from harm
Anyone can comment on a licence application which is normally referred to as 'making a representation' under the Licensing Act 2003.
We'll reject applications if they are deemed repetitive, trivial, or intend to cause annoyance.
It is an offence for anyone to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in connection with an application. If convicted, the offence is subject to a maximum fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
How to comment on an application
You can submit your comment to us in writing using one of our forms.
Your objection must include:
- your name and signature
- the name and address of the licensed premises
- supporting evidence, such as a diary of incidents
- a good idea about how you’d like the situation to be resolved
- the likely effect that the grant or variation of the licence would have on at least one of the licensing objectives
If you make an objection
If we decide that your objection is relevant, we'll invite you to attend a hearing within 28 days. If you do not wish to attend, we'll use your written comment instead.
In the meantime, we encourage you to discuss any concerns with the premises applicant to reach an agreement. If an agreement is made, then the hearing will be cancelled.
If you're unhappy about the outcome of a hearing, you'll have a chance to appeal this decision.
Help viewing or commenting
If you need any help finding venue applications or making a comment, contact the alcohol and entertainment licensing team.