Accessibility statement for online payments
This accessibility statement applies to the Pay360 by Capita payment system.
Other websites and tools owned and managed by Buckinghamshire Council will have their own separate accessibility statements. View the Buckinghamshire Council accessibility statement.
The payment system is provided and managed by Pay360 who provide payments services and is made up of Pay360’s payment forms.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use the payment system. For example, that means you can:
- view the page in an accessible colour contrast
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: [email protected]
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Pay360 is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant: some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non-compliance with accessibility regulations
- For the “Internet Payments” e-form system where items can be selected for payment, the accessibility enhancements are being finalised and will be uploaded when complete.
- Some links to 3rd party plugins do not fully comply with HTML validation (for example, Visa Checkout). This is a failure under WCAG 2.1 section 7.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in January 2021. The test was carried out by the Pay360 Quality Assurance team.