Customer service standards
We are committed to improving and modernising our services to provide high standards of customer service regardless of how you choose to contact us.
Our commitment to you
- give you a range of ways to contact us
- use your preferred method of communication, when we contact you
- try our best to get things right the first time
- tell you our name and the department we work in, so you know who you're dealing with
- deal with things quickly and tell you when there's a delay
- explain our decisions clearly
- apologise when we get things wrong
- treat you with respect
- listen to your feedback
- keep your information and data secure in compliance with GDPR
We will measure how well we do and publish our performance statistics online as part of our commitment to providing an open and transparent service.
Our expectations of you
As a Buckinghamshire Council customer, you can expect to be treated fairly and with respect. In return, we ask that you:
- be polite and prepared to listen
- don’t use abusive language or behaviour when dealing with our staff or contractors
- provide accurate and honest information so that we can deal with your request as promptly as possible.
- let us know in good time if you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment
- tell us if your circumstances or contact details change so that we can continue to meet your needs and keep you informed
- tell us if you have been having problems so that we can work together to resolve them
Complaints, comments and compliments
We welcome feedback that helps us improve our service to you. You can make a complaint, comment and compliment.