Customer service standards
We are here to make people’s lives better. That includes delivering the kind of customer service that we would want for ourselves and our families and friends: easy, helpful, fair and honest.
- provide a number of ways to get in touch- in person, on the telephone or online
- join things up for you, both inside the council and with our local partners
- help you if you need particular assistance- for example because of a disability or health conditions
- ensure you feel confident that we've listened to you, understood your needs and will take action
- aim to get it right for you first time
- always look for ways to improve how we do things
- seek to deal with things quickly and telling you when there is a delay
Fair and honest
- set clear expectations about our policies, processes and standards, telling you what we can and can’t offer and why
- treat you as we would like to be treated
- say sorry if we get something wrong and learn from our mistakes
- clearly explain our actions to you, so that you understand our decisions
- keep your information and data secure in compliance with GDPR
Putting customers first
We know that behaviours matter and that even when things have gone wrong, a great customer experience provides the opportunity to rebuild trust and confidence in the council.
Our customers also have an important role to play so that we can get everything back on track.
Our commitment to you
To ensure that our customer service standards are maintained, we will:
- make sure that our staff tell you their name and the department they work in, so you know who you're dealing with
- deal with things quickly and tell you when there is a delay
- apologise when we get things wrong
- treat you with respect
- listen to your feedback
Our expectations of you
As a Buckinghamshire Council customer, you can expect to be treated fairly and with respect. In return, we ask that you:
- be polite and prepared to listen
- don’t use abusive language or behaviour when dealing with our staff or contractors
- provide accurate and honest information so that we can deal with your request as promptly as possible
- let us know in good time if you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment
- tell us if your circumstances or contact details change
- tell us if you have been having problems so that we can work together to resolve them
Complaints, comments and compliments
We welcome feedback that helps us improve our service to you. You can make a complaint, comment and compliment.
Customer First programme
A great customer experience, from first contact with the council through to the delivery of service, is a corporate priority.
This report sets out our progress over the last year against our ambition to be a "Customer First" organisation.