Children and young people social care compliments, complaints and comments

If you would like to tell us about something good then we want to hear from you. Likewise, if there is a problem, then we want to hear about this too. This gives us the opportunity to learn and continue to improve our services.

Unhappy with a service or care you are receiving?

If you have any concerns about a service, speak to the appropriate member of staff as soon as possible. You could also contact their manager to discuss your dissatisfaction. Most concerns are dealt with quickly and successfully in this way.

You can make a complaint if you are a:

  • child or young person in need, or in care
  • care leaver
  • parent or person with parental responsibility
  • foster carer
  • a person considered to have sufficient interest in a child's or young person's welfare.

Make a formal complaint using the statutory complaints procedure

Our complaints procedure is based on government guidelines. The procedure aims to resolve complaints more effectively and gives us the chance to learn and improve.

Anyone who receives, or is affected by, a social care service can make a complaint.

If you prefer, you can ask someone to complain on your behalf. This could be a relative, friend, carer, doctor or someone independent who can speak for you.

Put your complaint in writing to the us setting out what has happened and what resolution you are seeking to put things right.

You can get in touch by:

Submitting your complaint online

Start your complaint


[email protected]


01296 387 844


Compliments and Complaints Team
Buckinghamshire Council
Walton Street Offices
Walton Street
HP20 1UA

Further guidance

View our leaflet Have Your Say - Young Person's guide to telling us what you think (PDF, 260 KB) which sets out details on what you can expect from raising a complaint under this procedure.