Book a bulky waste collection
Bulky waste terms and conditions 2023 to 2024
Download a PDF version of the bulky waste terms and conditions 2023 to 2024 PDF,543KB.
- This agreement is made between the resident ('the Customer') and Buckinghamshire Council ('the Council') (Buckinghamshire Council, King George V House, King George V Road, Amersham, HP6 5AW) and sets out the terms and conditions under which the Customer may use the Council's bulky waste collection service ('the Service'). By agreeing to pay for the service you will be accepting these terms and conditions.
- We will share your booking details, including your address and contact details, with third-party service providers (waste collection contractors), where it is necessary to perform the bulky waste collection service.
- The Council and third-party service providers (waste collection contractors) will only use the personal details you have provided for this service to contact you by letter, telephone or email for matters related to the bulky waste service.
- We will not send you emails about other Council Services without your permission or share this information with any other organisations unless required to do so to provide the service or as permitted by law.
- You may tell us at any time if you do not want to receive marketing communications from us by writing to us providing your full name and address.
- We will also use your information for analysis purposes to improve our service. This will be anonymised prior to any disclosure, e.g., under the Freedom of Information Act regarding service take-up volumes.
- We will only collect suitable items as listed on our website. Those items can be found at Items we will collect.
- There is a collection charge for the removal of a minimum of 1 to 3 items of household waste, £55 per charge.
- A maximum of 9 items of bulky household waste can be booked for collection.
- All suitable items must be presented outside for collection by 6am (06:00) on the specified day of collection.
- All suitable items of waste must be left together, as close as possible to the edge of the boundary of the property, where normal waste bins are presented for collection. This should be as close to the highway or access road as possible.
- The items(s) must be clearly visible from the road and accessible for the crews without obstruction, be presented in a safe fashion which does not cause any obstruction or danger to the public.
- Items will not be collected from inside houses or outbuildings, or from up or down steps.
- The collection point for properties with difficult access e.g., flats, shall be agreed with the Council prior to the collection. If a site visit is required to establish a collection point, this will be subject to an additional fee if applicable.
- Collections from service roads are permitted only if waste bins are collected from there already.
- Once a booking has been made for the bulky household waste collection, additional items cannot be added.
- Once a booking has been made for the bulky household waste collection, items cannot be swapped or replaced.
- If a booking is cancelled after 1pm (13.00) on the preceding Friday (or if a bank holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, no refund will be given. If a booking is cancelled before 1pm (13.00) on the preceding Friday (or if a Bank Holiday, the last working day) before the scheduled collection, a refund will be made subject to an administration fee (see our current fees and charges, available online).
- This service is for household waste only. DIY, commercial or industrial waste will NOT be collected. View a list of unsuitable items that we cannot collect.
- To be collected, all items must match the description given at the time of booking the bulky household waste collection.
- Any items stored within bulky items put out for collection MUST be removed prior to collection. This includes removing food and liquids from fridges and freezers.
- Failure to meet these terms and conditions, may result in the collection not being completed and a new collection will need to be booked and paid for.