Apply to run a new school in Buckinghamshire (school competitions)
We are proposing to open 3 new primary schools in Buckinghamshire:
- Kingsbrook Primary School Aylesbury
- Hampden Fields Primary School Aylesbury
- South-West Milton Keynes Primary School
All 3 schools will offer nursery provision.
2 of the schools will offer SEND provision.
We are now seeking sponsors to run these new schools.
Under Section 6A of the Education and Inspections Act 2006, we must (in the first instance) seek proposals to establish an academy when establishing a new school.
How to apply
The competition runs from 18 April 2023 to 9 June 2023.
You must complete a separate application form for each school you wish to run and submit your bids by 5pm on Friday 9 June 2023.
After you've applied
We will decide on our preferred bidder to run each new school and send this recommendation, along with all other bidder details, to the Department for Education (DfE) and Regional Director (RD).
The final decision on the successful bidder(s) will be made by the DfE and RD.
You will find out if your bid is successful by November 2023, though this date is subject to change.
We will work with the successful bidder(s) to plan for the opening of the new schools.
School masterplans and specifications
View masterplans and specifications for each school:
- Kingsbrook Primary School masterplan, PDF, 4 MB
- Kingsbrook Primary School specification, DOCX, 65 KB
- Hampden Fields Primary School masterplan, PDF, 3 MB
- Hampden Fields Primary School specification, DOCX, 65 KB
- South-West Milton Keynes Primary School masterplan, PDF, 7 MB
- South-West Milton Keynes Primary School specification, DOCX, 61 KB
If you require any additional information in relation to SEND banding or funding, email [email protected]