Stewkley neighbourhood plan
The Stewkley neighbourhood plan was "made" (adopted) by Buckinghamshire Council on 2 December 2021.
You can view the "made" plan and our decision statement for making the plan below:
A referendum was held on Thursday 14 October 2021.
People in the parish of Stewkley who are registered to vote were able to take part in the referendum. 90.3% voted yes, showing overwhelming support for the proposed neighbourhood plan being "made".
Please see the documents below for more information.
- General information for voters [PDF | 920KB]
- Referendum version of Stewkley neighbourhood plan [PDF | 2.4MB] (this third party document may not be accessible. For more information, contact [email protected])
- Information statement [PDF | 810KB]
- Statement of the council's satisfaction that the plan meets the basic conditions [PDF | 110KB]
Stewkley neighbourhood plan examination
With the agreement of the Stewkley Parish Council, Mr Andrew S Freeman BSc (Hons) DipTP DipEM FRTPI was appointed to examine the plan. In accordance with Regulation 17 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, the submitted plan and all relevant documentation was made available to the examiner.
Buckinghamshire Council accepted the examiner's report and the neighbourhood plan proceeded to a referendum on 14 October 2021.
Examiner procedural matters and questions
- Examiner's procedural letter [PDF | 52.9KB]
- BC response to examiner's question 1 [PDF | 135KB]
- BC response to examiner's question 1 (part 2) [PDF | 650KB]
- BC response to examiner's question 1 (part 3) [PDF | 965KB]
- BC response to examiner's question 2 [PDF | 90KB]
- BC response to examiner's questions 3 and 4 [PDF | 120KB]
- Stewkley PC responses to examiner's questions 17 June 2021 [PDF | 1.17MB] (this third party document may not be accessible. For more information contact [email protected])
The Regulation 16 consultation
The consultation period has now closed.
In December 2015, Stewkley Parish Council began the process of creating a neighbourhood development plan (also known as a neighbourhood plan). In the spring of 2016, Aylesbury Vale District Council (AVDC) carried out a public consultation to define the Stewkley neighbourhood area for the plan. The area covers the whole of Stewkley Parish Council area and this was approved by AVDC on 4 May 2016.
The parish council completed a period of local community engagement on their plan and submitted the final version to us. We undertook a 6-week public consultation on the submitted plan. The consultation period opened on 9 November 2020 and closed on 20 December 2020.This was an opportunity for local people to comment on it before the plan goes to independent examination.
The Stewkley plan includes policies that look to shape local development as well as making some housing allocations. It has a design focus and designates some areas of local green space. Please see the documents and links at the end of the page for more information.
Regulation 16 consultation responses
Neighbourhood plan submission documents
- Stewkley neighbourhood plan (including proposal map) [PDF | 5.1MB]
- Stewkley neighbourhood plan - basic conditions statement [PDF | 1.2MB]
- Stewkley neighbourhood plan - consultation statement [PDF | 4.5MB]
- Stewkley neighbourhood plan - strategic environmental assessment report [PDF | 1.1MB]
- Stewkley neighbourhood plan - site assessment report March 2020 [PDF | 310KB]