Buckinghamshire Council Design Awards
1. Celebrating outstanding design in Buckinghamshire
“The Buckinghamshire Design Awards are a very important part of the new council's ambition to promote and encourage design excellence and I am delighted that in our inaugural year that we have been able to celebrate a wide range of great design across the county”.
Councillor Warren Whyte, Cabinet Member for Planning and Enforcement
The Buckinghamshire Design Awards aims to showcase good quality design across the county. They also set expectations for the council’s Planning & Environment Service.
This year, Buckinghamshire Council officers nominated 30 recently completed development projects which they felt demonstrated a significant contribution to the local environment. Schemes could be individual buildings through to larger developments and new streets, or public or communal open spaces such as parks, recreational spaces, and wildlife habitats.
The nominated schemes were reviewed by our expert panel of five judges in November 2020. The following 15 schemes received commendations in five categories. Ten of these schemes were also shortlisted for the People’s Choice Award.
- Councillor Warren Whyte (Cabinet Member for Planning and Enforcement)
- Councillor Patrick Hogan (Cabinet Member for Culture)
- Steve Bambrick (Service Director for Planning and Environment)
- Stefan Kruczkowski (Urban Design Consultant)
- Laura Levitt (Principal Heritage Specialist).
The following schemes were commended in these categories:
- Environment and sustainability
- Conservation and heritage
- Innovative architecture
- Placemaking and community
- Landscape and open space