Transfer a taxi or private hire licence to another vehicle
Request a temporary licence transfer for your taxi or private hire vehicle.
You can transfer your licence temporarily to another vehicle due to an accident or other damage. The licence must return to the original vehicle within 6 months.
For more information, view the Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy.
What you'll need
To complete your application, you'll need:
- your vehicle insurance documents that cover you for private hire or hackney carriage work (or schedule if covered by fleet insurance)
- your V5C log book or registration document with pages 1 and 2
- written permission from the registered keeper to use the vehicle for private hire or hackney carriage work
- your vehicle lease or hire agreement (if applicable)
- an MOT or compliance test certificate (if applying for a licence in the Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe areas)
You'll need to pay for your application using a valid credit or debit card.
We are the controller for the personal information we use about you. We're committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
For information and support with the licensing process, you can contact taxi licensing.